NOAH Events and Communications Assistant – PART TIME – REMOTE
With a mission to “unite, serve, and advance the field of arts in health”, NOAH is a national membership organization serving the individuals and institutions working to bring the arts to healthcare and wellness settings in the US. We believe that the arts can be an effective tool to increase equitable access to whole-person healthcare, and work towards building diversity, inclusion, and excellence in the national arena of health and well-being.
NOAH is looking for an energetic and organized individual with strong communications and design skills to join our team. In this role, you will help execute the fall Annual National Conference (virtual and/or in-person) and help implement NOAH’s communications plan to increase the organization’s online presence, membership, and conference registrations. Supporting the Marketing, Membership and Conference Committees you will work remotely regularly participating in meetings via Zoom. In addition, you may assist with other NOAH events including but not limited to the Leadership Summit, In-person Board Meetings, and other strategy meetings/events. Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to execute tasks in a timely manner are needed for this position, as well as the ability to work independently and on multiple priorities at the same time.
Points of Contact:
The NOAH Communications Administrative Assistant will report to and receive direction from the Marketing, Membership and Conference Committee Chairs and the Operations Manager.
- Execute tasks related to the annual conference and other NOAH events as needed
- Maintain and monitor social media platforms, helping to build a positive NOAH brand experience and developing meaningful relationships with online audiences
- Develop engaging digital content
- Assist Operations Manager with creating and sending newsletters and member communications
- Assist Operations Manager with maintaining the NOAH website using WordPress and MembershipWorks software
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in communications, design or related area, or 1-2 years working in organizational communications
- Ability to show work samples of professional social media content and media communications
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion when dealing with the various parties involved (board, staff, attendees, presenters, sponsors, vendors)
- Ability to travel to event location and be onsite prior to and through event load out for event execution
- Experience executing in-person/virtual conferences and events or related experience
- Understanding, experience or interest in Arts in Health
This position is a salaried position requiring 20 hours per week with regular availability during business hours (NOAH is time zone flexible). Additional hours may be required as the conference/event approaches as well as during the conference/event itself. The hourly rate for this position is $20.00 which includes the additional hours that may be required for the event. Flights and public transportation costs, housing and meals during work hours are covered by NOAH for in-person events.
Deadline for Applications is Friday, January 29, 2022. NOAH is looking to fill this position soon, with a start date in early 2021. Please provide the following, emailed to [email protected] with the subject line “Events and Communications Assistant” (preferably as one packaged PDF attachment):
- A cover letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the position
- A resume with two reference contacts
- Work samples of print media, social media, media communications
- Writing Samples (newsletters, social media posts, articles, blog posts)
As part of NOAH’s commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in the field of Arts in Health, we aim to amplify traditionally underrepresented voices. Applicants are encouraged to share if they identify with one or more historically marginalized groups (examples include but are not limited to Immigrant, Indigenous, International, LGBTQIA, Person of Color, Person with a Disability, Person of Size, Socioeconomic Disadvantage). This is not a requirement for submitting an application, but NOAH encourages applicants who come from one or more of these historically marginalized populations. If you feel comfortable, please share in your cover letter how you represent diversity in one or more of these areas. NOAH is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.